Please take a moment to read over our Policies & Procedures, especially our cancellation policy, making reservations and using our client portal.
Notice: Please allow at least three business days’ notice, if possible, to schedule pet sitting or a new client consultation. It is best to give as much notice as possible, especially for holiday pet sitting, as we book up quickly. We will do our best to accommodate last minute requests but may not be able to.
All clients must place a credit card on file to reserve services, regardless of future payment method.
Dog Walking: Invoices are sent out every other Friday via email, or Sunday if you have weekend services. Payment is due every other Friday on the invoiced date. You can choose to pay with ACH E-Check, credit card or Paypal through The Client Portal. https://www.timetopet.com/portal/dog-walker-woof-woof
Pet Sitting: Payment is due when your request for services is confirmed by the office. You can choose to pay with ACH Direct pay through your checking, credit card or Paypal through The Client Portal. Payment is due within 7 days of your confirmation, and must be received before the start of services. If we do not receive payment within 7 days, we hold the right to cancel your reservation to make accommodations for other paying clients. If you are placing a last minute reservation (within 2 days of service or within 7 days of a holiday), we require placing immediate payment on your account via credit card. Please do not leave payment for your sitter to pick up.
Our online client portal is a secure site with the very latest security algorithms, and our payment processor is certified PCI compliant level 1 which is the most stringent form of certification available. All invoices and payments are viewable in your online account for 12 months.
Reservations: Please make sure that you make all reservations / changes / cancellations through the business office or Client portal. Our secure client portal is the best way to make a reservation or cancellation. Simply login from our website and click the Request Services button. Or go to the Schedule tab in the portal to cancel a visit. Please do not schedule new pet sitting visits or cancel appointments with your pet sitter directly. This has led to miscommunications about visits, and clients being charged for appointments that had been previously cancelled. In addition, all pet sitters have signed a non-solicit agreement, so if they accept pet sitting jobs on-the-side, they are at risk of losing business from their other clients. Please help us to keep our good pet sitters on staff.
Dog Walking: To cancel a scheduled mid-day dog walk, please log-in to the Client Portal or email the office before 9:00pm on the day prior to scheduled service. If you cancel before 9:00pm, no cancellation fee is charged. If you call or email after 9:00pm, or if you do not notify the office and your sitter arrives at your home for your scheduled service, you are charged in full for the visit or visits for that day.
Pet Sitting: A 2-day (7 days for reservations that include a holiday) notice is required and appreciated to cancel a scheduled reservation. Please note that you must let us know of the cancellation by 9pm two days prior to scheduled services (7 days for reservations that include a holiday) to avoid cancellation fees. Any notice less than this will be subject to the following Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel your reservation more than 2 days (7 days for reservations that include a holiday) before your scheduled services, your account will be credited for the full amount paid for services. Refunds are not given at any time, but you will receive a credit for future services. Your credit will be confirmed via email.
If you cancel your reservation less than 2 days (7 days for reservations that include a holiday) before your scheduled services, your account will be charged with 25% of the reservation fee. The remaining balance paid will be applied as a credit to your account. Refunds are not given at any time, but you will receive a credit for future services. Any services canceled on the day of service, or after 9pm the day before, will not receive credit and you will be charged in full for that day’s services. No credit or refund will be given on holiday visits canceled within 7 days of the reservation. Cancellation requests must be made via Client Portal, or by email to email@example.com. Schedule changes will not be accepted via text, through your sitter, or by a note left at your home.
If you are home during a scheduled visit and neglect or forget to cancel and your sitter arrives at your home, the full price of the service will be charged. Any visits canceled on the day of service will be charged in full. If you cancel any part of your scheduled reservation, such as ending the reservation early, you are responsible for the entire initial reservation fee. No refunds or credits will be issued.
LAST MINUTE SERVICES
We require at least 2 days’ notice for clients to request a visit, and one week for services that include a holiday. You must let us know by 9pm two days prior to requested services (seven days notice before a holiday), or a last minute fee of $5 will be applied to each last minute visit. If you book after 9pm the day before service, or on the same day of service, this is considered an Emergency visit, and there will be an Emergency Fee of $10 per visit applied to your order.
Visit requests can only be received via Client Portal, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scheduling is not accepted via text or through your sitter or a note left at the house.
$5 Last Minute Fee ($10 extra per Last Minute Overnight Stay)
$10 Emergency Fee ($20 extra per Emergency Overnight Stay)
Texting: We prefer not to use text messaging as a form of business communication. It has led to misunderstandings about pet care details, schedules, cancellations and billing. Please do not text your pet sitter directly. If you need to get in touch with your sitter, please contact the business office or through the Client Portal.
Client Portal: Please make sure that you enter thorough notes and information in your online account. We refer to your online account while pet sitting for you. We need your contact information to be correct, veterinary contact info and vaccination dates, and instructions to care for your home and pets. The client portal is a secure site. You can also pay online, check your schedule, request service and cancel visits in the client portal. https://www.timetopet.com/portal/dog-walker-woof-woof
Home Access: We prefer that you use a key lockbox to allow your pet sitter access to your home. We provide key lockboxes, which are yours to keep, or you may use your own lockbox. Be sure to place the lockbox in a discreet location on your property. Your sitter will need to return your key to the designated spot after each pet sitting visit. We prefer to use lockboxes for a number of reasons. Most importantly, if something happens to your primary pet sitter (serious illness, car accident, family emergency), we will always be able to send another member of our team to care for your pets. Further, we feel that your key is much safer in a locked box on your property than in your pet sitter’s car or home.
Early and Late Appointments:We generally do our pet sitting visits no earlier than 8:00 a.m. and no later than 6:00 p.m. Very late and very early appointments can pose a safety threat to our sitters. We will do our best to follow your pet’s routine within these hours.
Aggressive Dogs: If you are not completely sure that your dog will allow a pet sitter into your home while you are NOT there, then we cannot accept the pet sitting assignment. Entering your home when you are away is a condition of our pet sitting service; attempting to care for a potentially aggressive dog puts the pet sitter at risk and does not allow us to fulfill our promise to you to care for your pets and home. If you did not realize that your dog would be aggressive (growl bearing teeth, nip at pet sitter’s hand while attempting to put on leash, etc), and we have already begun pet sitting, then we will do our best to finish our assignment as agreed. If we are unable to provide normal pet sitting duties due to your pet’s aggressiveness (walk your dog, get him or her outside to go potty), then regular fees and/or additional fees will apply. We cannot provide free or discounted visits for pet sitting if the dog’s aggressiveness prohibits us from performing our regular duties. Further, you may be responsible for your pet sitter’s medical fees should your dog bite or otherwise injure the sitter.
Travel Delays: It is rarely a problem for us to continue pet sitting should you be delayed on your trip and not be able to return home as expected. Regular rates for the extra visits will apply.
Pet Sitters: Every effort is made to assign one pet sitter to each client’s household. However, a back-up sitter will be sent to your home should your sitter be ill, have an emergency, be on vacation, have scheduling problems, or no longer work for the company. The back-up pet sitter will be in touch, if possible, with your regular pet sitter and will have access to all of the client information in your online account.
Appointment Times: We will make every effort to follow your pet’s routine and visit your home at your requested times. However, we cannot promise to be there at an exact time each day; we prefer to have a “time block” that is acceptable to you and your pets, during which we can promise to visit your home. Our time blocks are generally 8-10am, 9-11, 10-12, 11-1, 12-2pm, 1-3, 2-4, 3-5, 4-6pm. If you need visits outside of these time blocks, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate – keeping in mind that we generally do not pet sit before 8am or after 6pm (except for overnight stays) https://www.timetopet.com/portal/dog-walker-woof-woof
1. Our hours of normal service are from 8:00am-5:30pm Monday through Friday.
2. Scheduling - Please schedule pet care visits by logging in to our online Client Portal system. A confirmation of your schedule will be sent by email. If you do not receive your email confirmation Within 48hrs of submission. please email us dogwalkerwoofwoof @yahoo.com or call the office (858) 848-4516 immediately.
3. Scheduling and Visit times: We strive to accommodate the needs of your pet during your requested time interval. If an unforeseen situation arises, the time interval may be adjusted.
4. Reservation Confirmation: Please, do not leave town without directly confirming your reservations with Dog Walker Woof Woof via Client Portal
and/or your individual pet care provider.
5. Payment Policy - We accept credit cards only unless other special arrangements are made ahead of time. Weekly ongoing dog walking will be billed on a two week invoicing cycle every other Friday morning after two weeks of services have been provided. The credit card on file will be billed automatically Friday evening, please look over invoice and notify us if any discrepancies before your invoice is billed Friday evening. Payment for vacation pet sitting will be charged approximately 3 days before the first day of services. A deposit may be required to hold holiday reservations. Credit card on file must be kept current and accounts must be kept in good standing or a 25% interest fee will be collected for every month the balance remains unpaid.
6. Visit Frequency for Vacation Care only: Minimum visit requirement for dogs is two (2) 30 minute visits per day. Minimum visit requirement for cats is one (1) visit per 24 hours.
7. Our Cancellation Policy is as follows:
Vacation Pet Sitting (Overnights): A 50% surcharge will be collected if entire reservation is canceled with less than 72 hours notice.
Vacation Pet Care Visits (non-Overnights): A 50% surcharge will be collected if entire reservation is canceled with less than 72 hours notice.
Regular Dog Walks: If cancellation occurs on the same-day as a scheduled walk, 100% of the walking fee will be collected.
8. Our Holiday Cancellation Policy is as follows:
Overnight pet care occurring over Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas week (Dec. 24-Jan. 1st) must be canceled no later than two weeks in advance of the start date or 50% of the total service fee will be due (100% of the total reservation fee will be due with less than one week's notice). Vacation pet care visits (non-Overnights) occurring over Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas week must be canceled with 1 week advance notice or 50% of the total reservation will be due (100% of the total reservation fee will be due with less than 72 hours notice).
9. Keys: If you are leaving town, please list an emergency contact who lives nearby and has a copy of your key.
10. Key Retention: It is recommended that your keys remain in DWWW's custody (i.e. with your individual pet care provider) for convenience in future use of our service and to confirm services via telephone.
11. Key Pick-up/Drop-off: If you choose NOT to have DWWW retain your keys, you will be required to arrange to drop off and pick up with your DWWW Associate for future visits. If you require DWWW Associate to do pick up or drop off of keys, there is a charge of $15 per trip. Complimentary options include leaving in a safe place or Key Lock Box on the premises (i.e. secure outdoor location, manager's office etc).
12. Additional Pet Care Assistance And Other Scheduled Services: DWWW does not accept liability for other persons who will be in your home prior to, during, or immediately after our services have been rendered. Please inform us of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family and neighbors. It is understood that the Pet Parent will notify anyone with access to the home that the services of DWWW have been engaged.
13. Medication/Vaccinations/Immunizations: DWWW will do the best we can to administer medications as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result. Under no circumstances will DWWW service any pet that has any form of active contagious illness. DWWW requires that all pets have the necessary vaccinations and immunizations before service begins. If DWWW Associate is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client's pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, Pet Parent will be responsible for all costs and damages that may be incurred as a result.
14. Pet Parent will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to DWWW Associate or other persons by the pet. Pet Parent agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend PCLA in the event of a claim by any person injured by the pet. Pet Parent agrees to disclose any and all history of aggression or injury caused by pet either to a human or other animal.
15. We are not responsible for fleas, ticks, ringworm or other common pet pests that may be picked up while in our care. We are not responsible for the elimination of fleas, providing cleaning services to pets and homes, or any other charges that may be related. Fleas, ticks etc. are very common among domestic pets and in the region of Los Angeles. We will take necessary precautions to minimize your pet's exposure to these pests but since fleas/ticks etc. can be picked up from indoor or outdoor environments, we cannot guarantee your pet will remain flea/tick free while in our care as our pet care providers are exposed to other pets and fleas/ticks can travel on humans or can be picked up from anywhere. We highly recommend all pets including indoor animals are on flea/tick preventatives.
16. Unforeseen purchases: DWWW will purchase pet food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and well-being of your pet during your absence. We will retain a receipt and the Pet Parent is responsible for reimbursement of these items. In addition, a trip fee (depending on the length of the errand) will apply.
17. Pets with Outdoor Access: DWWW does not accept responsibility or liability for any client's animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when instructed to leave pet in fenced or unfenced area outdoors.
18. House Cleanliness: DWWW will clean up after your pets to the best of our ability. Please inform us of the designated area for the appropriate cleaning supplies. DWWW is not responsible for carpet/flooring stains created by your pet(s). We request that you provide bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels, and trash bags. If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated, DWWW will charge Pet Parent a reasonable fee for clean up time.
19. Updates: Please inform us of any changes regarding your contact numbers, your pets' care needs, credit card info, emergency contact and other pertinent information.
21. Holidays - A holiday surcharge of 10.00 each visit on the following holidays: Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Easter, Christmas eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.
22. Weekend Service - There is an additional charge of $6.00 per visit for dog walking, dog hiking, and dog park visits. If walk is in combination with overnight/vacation pet sitting, there is no additional charge.
23. Pet Parent agrees not to directly hire or engage any DWWW Associate for pet-sitting, dog walking, overnights, boarding or related pet services while DWWW Associate is under contract with DWWW and for a period of one year following termination of DWWW Associate contract with DWWW. This includes Pet Parent and any referral of our DWWW Associates and/or services from Pet Parent to a third party.
24. Gratuities - Leaving gratuity is optional but always appreciated! If you do choose to leave a little something extra for your DWWW Associate, you may leave a cash gratuity your DWWW Associate at your home or you may call the DWWW office or email email@example.com to have the gratuity added to your pet sitting bill if you'd like.
Thank you for hiring us to care for your beloved pets!!